The latest version of my Top 5 Pens list is now live! The annual cycle seems to be working, as some categories changed drastically, while others saw no change at all. It's a good balance I think.
One thing I think I will change going forward is adding new lists throughout the year, as opposed to waiting a full 12 months to add something new. There is no reason this can’t be a living document for new entires, but I’ll leave the big sweeping update on a yearly schedule.
One list I was asked to add by Pen Addict reader Todd is my Top 5 Most Useful Pens, which I though was a great idea. Yes, each category of pens has its top products, but out of all of those pens, what are actually the most useful that you use on a regular basis? Well Todd, here you go:
Top 5 Most Useful Pens
- Fisher Space Pen - This is more about the pressurized refill that the pen barrel, although the standard barrel is perfect for how this pen needs to be used. I use the refill in my Schon DSGN pen, which is the pen I carry the most on a daily basis. (Buy)
- Uni-ball Signo DX 0.38 - My love for micro-tipped gel ink pen knows no bounds, and the DX is the runaway winner in this category. (Buy)
- Sakura Pigma Micron - The Micron is not actually my top pick for best plastic tip pen, but for some reason I find it with me the most because it can take a beating. (Buy)
- Uni-ball Jetstream 0.7 mm - Regardless of your opinion on ballpoint pens, there are situations in life where they are the best tool for the job. Make it the Jetstream. (Buy)
- Sharpie Permanent Marker - This pen doesn’t fit on any of the other lists, but it belongs in the conversation. When you need it, it is because its the only pen that can do the job. (Buy)
Thanks for giving me the idea for this addition Todd! If anyone else has Top 5 lists they would like to see please get in touch. Enjoy the list!