I had two requests yesterday, one from an emailer and another via Twitter, about art/drawing/sketching pen related issues. Since I am not really proficient in any of those things, I though I would post them for everyone to see and respond.
1. @amandasunshine on Twitter asked about sketching pads for her Copic Markers. She is getting a ton of bleed through with her Moleskine sketchbook, and it looking for a better alternative. Any ideas? I emailed Marianne the Copic guru to see what she says as well.
2. I also received and email from another reader looking for some specific pen recommendations that will suit her needs. I'll let her explain:
I would like to find a pen that can:
- Write on acrylic (paint and various mediums). Some pens don't
- "Stick" to a glossy surface.
- Stay put when I brush on acrylic (paint and various mediums).
(I almost always go over my paintings with a brush varnish or a watery glaze.)
- Writes smoothly (not like a fine-tip Sharpie - which writes smoothly)
I would like to be able to write on a variety of surfaces - and doesn't skip, blob, peel/scratch off, etc.
I appreciate all of the mail and Tweets recently. Maybe I should set aside Sunday for a mailbag post? Email me at the address posted on the sidebar if you have any questions you would like answered.